Protein Oatmeal Cookies
We know, we know... we've done protein cookies in the past, but were they covered in a delightful crunchy oats? Exactly!
Read on for the ingredients and method to this tasty treat.
- 1 sachet Jrny Vegan Madagascan Vanilla Protein Powder
- Banana: use ripe bananas if you have them. Will add sweetness and more flavour.
- Peanut Butter: use organic natural peanut butter with no additives; just pesticide free peanuts and salt. However, technically any peanut butter will work.
- Oats: You can use rolled oats or quick oats.
- Choc Chips: use either semi-sweet, dark, or even sugar-free chocolate chips. Cacao nibs would also work but won’t add sweetness at all.
- Preheat the oven to 175C, then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking mat sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork. You could also do this in a food processor/blender, but it’s not necessary.
- Add the protein powder, oats, and peanut butter to the bowl and mix well until thoroughly combined. If you’re using them, add chocolate chips (or any add-in) now too.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray using a measuring spoon/small scoop for even-sized cookies. The cookies don’t spread, so you can ‘shape’ them now. Use damp fingers to press down the top/shape them, as preferred.
- Bake the protein cookies. For smaller cookies, they’ll need about 12 minutes. For larger cookies, try 14 minutes.
- Allow the protein oatmeal cookies to cool for a few minutes before enjoying!